Artist Paul Walsh
I thought this was the perfect image to post while I talk about the 2nd annual Internet Cat Video Festival. Grumpy Cat. He was one of the celebricats that attended. Along with Lil Bub. Oh my God. The videos were hilarious. Especially since I don't watch any online. Here are 5 highlights for Random 5 Friday
1) Cat's thoughts and dialogue dubbed in French makes their haughty high jinks even more hilarious. A.K.A. Henri from le chat Noir. The angst-filled feline philosopher.
2) Have you ever seen a home catalog selling bedspreads and such put a cat on the bed as a prop? Well, what if it wasn't a prop? And when you received your order the cat was included. And the cat wouldn't leave that prized spot at the end of the bed come hell or high water. It was super funny. The refrigerator included a cat with a sweater. People are so creative!
3) One of the videos was simply a cat that kept pulling off her owner's glasses. My cat Hana does this to me all the time. I guess that is why the festival is such a hit. Everyone can relate.
4) A cat wearing a shark costume while riding a Roomba, Roomba is a special treat.
5) My favorite was another creative mini movie. We visit a typical house cat whose dialogue montage goes something like this, "My food bowl is now half full. I fear I'm not long for this world." The narration was so spot on. The angst and seriousness of a pampered cat's thoughts had me tearing up with laughter.
P.S. You probably didn't notice or care. But I kicked the August break to the curb this week. It was fun matching posts to the daily themes. But it turned out to be a completely lame blog event. The host never visited participating blogs. And most participating blogs didn't seem to care either. Maybe I should start a September Sabbatical linky thingy. Everyone signs up and posts their links and then you don't see any of us again till October. Or not. See you in September.
Happy Labor Day!