I was visiting The Smitten Image recently. And I came across this rhyme:
A wise old owl sat in an oak.
The more he heard, the less he spoke.
The less he spoke, the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?
I loved it so much I put one of my owl photos on facebook along with the rhyme. No likes or comments. Radio silence. No one gave a hoot. So I thought I would share it with you. I don't give up easily! Then my high school friend Barb sent me an email with words of wisdom. It seemed smart to create a words of wisdom post. Here is the rest of the story...
Some words of wisdom...
A young lady confidently walked around the room while leading and explaining stress management to an audience with a raised glass
of water. Everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate
question, "Half empty or half full?" She fooled them all. "How heavy is this glass of water?" she inquired with a
Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.
She replied , "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an Ambulance.
In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the
heavier it becomes. And that's the way it is
with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or
later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be
able to carry on."
As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and
rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry
on with the burden - holding stress longer and better each time
So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down.
Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. Pick
them up tomorrow.
1) Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon, and some
days you're the statue!
2) Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have
to eat them.
3) Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in
the middle of it.
4) Drive carefully... It's not only cars that can be recalled by
5) If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be
6) If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it
was probably worth it.
7) It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as
a warning to others.
8) Never buy a car you can't push.
9) Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time. Because
then you won't have a leg to stand on.
10) Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and
11) Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird,
12) The second mouse gets the cheese.
13) When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong
14) Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer
16) Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.
17) We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are
pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are
different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
18) A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a
19) Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...
20)Save the earth..... It's the only planet with chocolate! I