Friday, November 16, 2012

Zoom

Mary the Fairy and Billie the Bee

I almost didn't post today for www.illustrationfriday.com  I really didn't have anything great for zoom.  Except this old thing.  And I'm not talking about the sweat pants that I happen to be wearing.  But I always enjoy the treasure hunt of digging something up each week.  Sometimes it is my latest and greatest.  Other times it is like discovering the favorite sweater that you forgot to unpack from a suitcase.  It still makes you feel warm and fuzzy just looking at it.  And then there are times when you dig up a moth eaten old rag.  

But do you know what?  I usually end up posting those rags anyway.  And do you know why?  Because one person's garbage might be another's treasure.  You never know. 

And while you are here be sure to scroll down and check out my first illustrated book giveaway.  Or click Book Giveaway for the scoop.  I'll be drawing names in a couple weeks. It would make a great Christmas gift.

4 comments:

Creations By Mit said...

This is so true, Sharon! Sometimes a drawing that I really am not happy with is the one that gets the most popular response, so its always worth posting! The name "Mary the Fairy" made me laugh! Love her socks & shoes!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Here I am to visit you!
love
tweedles

Joreina Blanco said...

You always have captivating photos, Ms. Sharon!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's really a clever illustration, Sharon. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.