Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Broccoli Pizza with Pizzaz!


This is a very deceiving recipe.  It sounds so healthy and boring.  But when I made this recently, my husband stated that it was one of the best pizzas I've made.  And no meat!  The secret lies in just a few simple but tasty ingredients.  

First you must start with a good dough or purchased crust.  You'll find a recipe and demo for my homemade pizza dough under my labels for pizza and my Meal of choice for death row post!  Follow the directions and pre-bake your crust for around 10 minutes at 450. I use a metal pizza pan with holes.  I always pre-bake the crust because I like it crispy. 

 Now you are ready to top it with just a few  important ingredients.  Pour and spread a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil on the pre-baked crust.  Now mince 2-3 garlic cloves.  Depending on how much garlic you desire.  Spread the minced garlic evenly over the whole oiled crust.  

Now sprinkle a small amount of your favorite cheese blend.  I used a Cheddar/Mozzarella pizza blend.  Now it is time for the broccoli.  You can see how I chopped the veggie into small pieces.  Be generous!

Now sprinkle on a generous amount of grated Parmesan and some freshly cracked pepper.  



That's it!  Bake for around 10 more minutes at 450.  Add a little more pepper, parm and sea salt if you desire and enjoy the simple goodness.

P.S.  I'm posting this recipe for my friend Danielle.  I hope to hear that you have made it soon!

4 comments:

DJan said...

Now THAT recipe really looks good to me! I'm making it for me and my guy! :-)

Rita said...

YUM! I bet even my kids would eat it. Thanks for sharing.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I make various versions of this because I LOVE "white" pizza!
Actually now that I saw this I might make my version tonight.
Have you ever heard of Paramount bread? They sell it here in Michigan and it comes in a low carb form...they are LARGE squares and on Weight Watchers they are only 2 points.
I put the "boards" on a cookie sheet and add the toppings (after heating the square first)
Try adding RED PEPPER flakes to your recipe...delicious!
I also cut up veggie burgers and put those on sometimes.
Thanks!
I might be making my version for dinner tonight :)

Mary said...

a great way to eat broccoli.