Scarlet Macaws fighting for a nesting spot.
I was searching for old blueberry picking posts and Life's highs and lows with the only label of Costa Rica popped up. O.K. blogger. I'll bite. What could picking blueberries and Costa Rica possibly have in common. Well, blogger knew more than I did. You'd have to read my former post below for the rest of the story. My funny highs and lows post. At least it was amusing to me. Like a time capsule. Or diary.
I thought retrofitting this post was timely because we are picking blueberries at Cain's Orchard next weekend. Click here to pick some blueberries virtually there. And we just booked a return trip to Osa!!!! The rustic and beautiful peninsula of Costa Rica down by the border of Panama. And the best part is we'll be seeing these beautiful critters again. Except this time I'll be armed with a 30 + zoom instead of only a 10. Scarlet Macaws. Get ready for your close up
Now for some highs and lows...
Osa Penninsula, Costa Rica
Last week's Highs...(2 years ago anyway)
1) We picked two ice cream pails of big blueberries at the postcard pretty Cain's Orchard. Antioxidants!
2) I discovered the smallest and most perfect of feathers on the scenic Foundation Trail in Black River Falls, Wisconsin.
3) I was juried into Art Perchance at the MIA for the 3rd year in a row! I dropped off my framed print, Cat on a Blue Stairway at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts last Monday. And they are actually going to hang it up.
4) I made my first recipe from Pinterest. Pretzels, chocolate chips, pecans and caramel. How bad could it be?
5) I unveiled my new website and book on my blog. Yay! And my blog followers left lots of nice comments. Thank you!
6) My husband and I split our first triple deluxe burger at Culvers. It was a burger moment made in heaven.
7) We were gone for the weekend and didn't discover any cat puke when we got home. Double yay!
8) We were among the last people to leave the party at our National Night Out event last week.
9) And speaking of partying we stopped at the Sand Creek Brewery and discovered they made a Doppel Bock out of their Wild Ride IPA. Whoo Hoo!
10) I actually got something in the mail. My friend Christina's book!
Last Week's lows...
1) I somehow had to find room in the fridge for two huge pails of blueberries.
2) The feather I found won't help me fly. Although I could hold it and take a flying leap to the couch.
3) The print I dropped off at the MIA will be given away at a fundraising event. I'll walk away with empty pockets. Again.
4) I made the recipe right before we left town and it was too gooey to cut. I still haven't had any!!!!!!!
5) I posted the news about my new book and website on facehole and didn't get one comment. I suddenly feel the need to change my status to loser. And change my profile shot to one of me holding my hand over my forehead in the shape of an L. Plus, none of my friends came to my MIA event. Again. Double L.
6) The burger is no longer in my stomach. Just on it.
7) The cats were still here when we got home. Just joking. Maybe.
8) Our new block leader fell and sprained his ankle and wrist at our block party! He didn't have any fun at the event he organized.
9) My husband didn't want to sample the Doppel Bock at the tap room last weekend. He was not feeling wild enough. For shame. (but we did bring some home)
10) I'm still waiting by the mailbox...
Well, I'm still waiting by the mailbox. For what I don't know. What were your highs and lows this week?
11) I have another low to add. My cousin Debbie just told me that Cain's has a bad blueberry crop this year and won't be open next weekend!