Friday, April 13, 2012

Dumb Bunny

click to enlarge

This is a selection from my series of illustrations for Sidney the Unstoppable Squirrel.  It is one of my first illustrations for children's books.  I've grown a lot as an illustrator since then.  But it still remains one of my old favorites.  And oddly enough I don't think I've posted this one for Friday Fish Fry before.  The theme today is puzzled.  And that is exactly what dumb bunny is feeling.  He lost the map to the magic corn kernels after all.   He's a little long in the tooth and possibly pea brained.  Poor kid.  

I'll be back to my regular blogging schedule next week.   So be sure to check back on Monday for my funny bunny post and then a recipe for lucky rabbit feet stew on Wednesday.  O.K., I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with any new blog followers.  So no more bunny cotton tails/tales.  But only because the critters didn't chew our raspberries down to nubbins this year.  My husband was thinking all Fatal Attraction after that!    

6 comments:

DJan said...

Ha! I do hope to see you again soon rabbit foot stew or not! :-)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

That bunny does look very puzzled. I hope he is not hungry!
love
tweedles

Don Urness said...

Love the colors.

Cindy Adkins said...

Your illustrations are wonderful! So fun and colorful!

Creations By Mit said...

Great expression on your bunny!!!! "Long in the tooth & pea brained!" Poor guy!!

eileeninmd said...

Sharon, I love this illustration, cute group of critters.