Friday, April 8, 2011

I hit the bottle last night!



I hit the bottle last night. We had our first campfire this Spring. Along with loaded hot dogs, beans and of course a bottle of beer. Or two. So imagine my shock at today's http://www.illustrationfriday.com/ theme. Bottle. Crazy coincidence? Me exaggerate? Never!




I painted my bottle entries to look like glass. I also used some pearlescent liquid acrylic. Which never really shows up when you scan a piece of art work. The purple bottle selection is definitely a stronger piece with the addition of the glass shadows. I suppose all these years later I could add shadows to the pink bottle piece. Excuse me while I run over and pencil that in at the very bottom of my to do list!




P.S. Be sure to beat feet over to http://toemail.wordpress.com/2011/07/punaluu-beach-hawaii/ for my latest photo entry on this fun blog.




11 comments:

Linda Hensley said...

Nice! Loving the colors.

SquirrelQueen said...

I love all the colors in both but my eyes keep going back to that purple bottle.

Sounds like a fun campfire!

DJan said...

They are beautiful, Sharon. I love them, and I agree with Judy that the purple one is just lovely.

Cat Chat With Caren And Cody said...

I agree with Linda. I love the colors too!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

You make me want to have a campfire just like yours,, and all the colors of happiness,, and the bottle too.
It sounded like a good time
love
tweedles

Jack Foster said...

Great work Sharon! I love the frosted blue bottle. Very cool texture and lighting! wonderful colors and composition too! Hey...thanks for stopping by!!!

Shirley said...

Beautiful bottles, Sharon! And the compositions are wonderful

Majoni*Celebrations said...

Love how vibrant the colors are. Beautiful!

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Don't know how you did this but I love the effect. So pretty!

Serline said...

Hey, they look like my collection of miniature perfume bottles ;-)

Ana said...

effect looks great and I love the colours :)