Friday, February 15, 2013

SWEATER material

No, I'm not trying to pull the wool over your eyes.  You've seen my goofy Alpaca for www.illustrationfriday.com before.  I'm recycling an old sweater theme.  I'm such an eco artist.  

I'm surprised that wool isn't at the same price point as gold.  It is a precious commodity here in Minnesota.  It gets me through the Winter. If it wasn't for the fact that I want to move some place where I can wear flip flops all year, I'd start an Alpaca farm.  They are just so darn goofy looking! 









Socks.  A practical gift from my husband.
















Did I call it or what?  Goofy!











16 comments:

DJan said...

OH I don't know; I think he's pretty darn cute! Did you use the guy in the last picture as your muse? :-)

Pat Tillett said...

Nice photo and illustration of a real ccutie! I used to have an alpaca sweater that I really liked. It was SO warm...

Ana M.F. said...

in the drawing looks like he's smiling :)

T Karpa said...

great idea!

The Retired One said...

If I could, I would start an alpaca farm..they are the goofiest, friendliest animals....! And I too love their "wool"..soooo yummy soft!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I don't know what it is about Alpacas but the second I see one they just make me laugh!!

Ellen Whyte said...

What a cutie! Love that long face.

Joan Y said...

Hah! This is great! I love those eyes ... and teeth! Hmmm, I love alpaca socks! *hint* *hint* LOL

Linda Hensley said...

I have an alpaca hat which is the warmest hat I've ever owned. Copper in the socks though? Very cute illo.

The Chair Speaks said...

Lovely illustration and it reminds me of an acquaintance I once knew long time ago! :)

Anonymous said...

What a smile ;-)

Shirley said...

Super interpretation for this week! What a face..great illo, Sharon!

Genna Byrne said...

Great alpaca, he seems very charming! :)

jp@A Green Ridge said...

They are a little goofy looking this time of the year!...:)JP

Nicki said...

Your illustration is exactly how I visualize alpaca and am immediately transported to scenes from the movie 'The Emperor's New Groove'.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Have an enjoyable weekend.

Cindy D. said...

I didn't see him the first time. He's hilarious! Totally goofy beast. :)