Tuesday, September 28, 2010

There's something in the air...




















We were hanging out, drinking a Shell's Zommerfest and enjoying the season premiere of Fringe last Thursday night. Fringe is an awesomely strange and sometimes scary show very much like the X-files. But while we were watching the tube, Hana was watching the ceiling. It seems that some unknown entity was catching her eye. She was transfixed. And it went on all night. She would stand up on the arm rest and stretch as high as she could. This happened over and over until we finally went to get the camera. You know how it goes when you try to photograph your pets. They get distracted and stop doing the cute things you want to capture. But she kept it up. And when she wasn't on the arm rest she was pacing around and meowing. What the heck? Do we need ghost hunters? Or maybe just a fly swatter. Editors note: Any bugs were not detected by the human eye. Mysterious... Fringe worthy...




My art pick for the week is a small framed piece of cats watching a bird. (from my art fair days several years ago) And the poor bird is losing a few feathers at the thought of his feline onlookers. I wonder what the unseen entity thought of Hana while she watched (it) so intensely. Hmmmm. For more ghost busting cats visit http://www.gattinamycats.blogspot.com/












14 comments:

The Chair Speaks said...

Hana's so cute standing like that.
Our Kenggy minus 2 front paws stands like often because she she didn't have much choice.
Lovely paintings.

Unknown said...

Sharon that is a beautiful painting! I hate when one of my kitties does that, sees something I can't. It's usually Mimi seeing something under my dresser...then I worry all night about what will crawl out! ICK. Or maybe it's just a cruel cat joke...

We love Luna said...

Wow Hana girl, how did you do that, I mean that pose and so on! Ahh I know you were just curious about the bird :)
You are adorable!
purrs and love
Luna - WE LOVE LUNA

Gattina said...

That's just adorable how she stands up there and watches looks almost like a human, lol ! Very cute drawings too !

Nina Crittenden said...

Talented, Hana! We had a cat that used to do that, my Mom referred to it as "Gopher Butt!"

cats of wildcat woods said...

You may have a ghost in the house! Great shots of Hana. Lovely painting of the cats. We are having a giveaway so come by!

Don Urness said...

I love the colors.

Luna und Luzie said...

You looks cute standing there on the paws. Interesting pose!
This painting is lovely!

DJan said...

Um, that's totally weird, if you ask me! She's seeing something we're not, which makes it all the more scary. Maybe it's a Black Hole. It's something, that's for sure. Love the pictures, and if she ever tells you what it was, be sure to let me know!

Ellen Whyte said...

She's a dancing girl with her eye on the prize... lizard? bug?

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Cats are so funny, and Hanna has such a personality.
It feels so weird, when they see something,,,,and my greatest fear is a spider!
love
tweedles

Anonymous said...

That Lil Tortie kitty has a big tummy. Perhaps a diet is in her future?

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

These were just the cutest pictures. I wonder what she saw.

Al said...

Oh look at how Hanna stands! Good thing you grabbed the camera at once...I think she can see a lizard. Or just nothing she just wanted to trick you hahaha.