Monday, June 21, 2010

He flew the coop!











Foot in the door 4 is now over. It was a show at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts that was around 5,000 artists strong and featured my friend Carie Shoen's delightfully funny bird sculpture. (My illustration Scared Dog was also on display) Carie's big bird flew all the way to my house after the show ended last week. And he landed in a pile of sticks by my hydrangeas. Go figure. I guess the cute baby bird thought it was the next best thing to a nest. Thank goodness my husband Dean always insists on keeping a big pile of sticks lying around. He knows how I love the stick piles. Ha! Well, when I discovered that sweet bird out there all alone I brought him into my studio right away. And he's obviously loved by someone because he's wearing a sparkly fringed collar. Maybe it's one of those tracking devices and someday he'll be able to find his way back home. But for now he's making me smile. No kitties allowed in the studio while big baby bird is here!



8 comments:

DJan said...

Oh my! That is the most adorable cute little birdie! I thought at first it was a fledgling, and then I saw the sparkly collar, and realized he's only real in my mind! I love him, and I'm glad you've made him a home...

Cindy said...

Isn't he precious!

The Chair Speaks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Chair Speaks said...

Oops! Sorry!

Cute especially that tuft on the head! :)

Serline said...

Like the gentle and trusting look in its eyes...

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Sigh. I love your facebook cat profile. If I had your talent, I could illustrate my Native American/Celtic middle grade fable, THE BEAR WITH 2 SHADOWS.

Oh, well, you can't have everything. I mean, where would you put it? Roland

SquirrelQueen said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable. I love those eyes.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

That little birdie is real,,,, isn;t he? Why are peoples saying he is not? I would like that little birdie to come live with me.
I have been behind in my bloggie and visiting , and here I am to say hello to you,,,,, TONIGHT!
sweet little bird. Is he getting bigger?
love
tweedles