Monday, December 21, 2009

Costa Rica Crasher Squirrel

I had a little fun with our Christmas card this year. I painted a "Crasher Squirrel" and photoshopped it on a picture of us. Does anyone remember the people and their Squirrel photo from earlier this year? It was all over the internet and TV. I thought it was a hoot! While on vacation the "Crasher" couple set up a tripod by the lake. They got into position and smiled. And just as the camera snaps the picture a squirrel steals the show. He didn't smile and wave like my squirrel though. The photo I chose is at Volcan Arenal in Costa Rica. If it wasn't for the clouds you'd see a classic cone shaped Volcano behind us. And it's active. You can see and hear rocks tumbling down the side. At night the crowds are dazzled by the red hot lava flow. This will be my last post of 2009. And will mark a full year of blogging. Look for my first giveaway to start off 2010. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year blogging friends!








8 comments:

Al said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year my dear friend Sharon. Enjoy the holidays!

Love
AL

Cocorue said...

Merry Christmas and a very happy and blessed 2010

chikisses till we see you again next year bol.....

coco

DJan said...

That is a WONDERFUL idea of what to do for a Christmas card! Thank you so much for sharing it, and I hope the three of you (including the squirrel here) have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a prosperous and happy new decade!

Historical sites with charmine said...

Sharon,have a happy christmas and hope you & the family enjoy this season.Your card is sweet.....what a nice idea!Thank you for being a lovely friend here in blogland.May the new year bring you happiness and success.

DUTA said...

Lovely, original card! The volcano mountain and the smoke from its crater in the background add some drama to the picture-card.

Anonymous said...

I saw this on Facebook and I still love it!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant phrase and it is duly

Amy Vasterling said...

I just read there is a monkey house you can rent in Costa Rica. It is like a tree house and it said, "visits from moneys several times a day." Not sure that sounds good. Also said, "No children under 8 allowed!" two or three bedrooms, SWEET place!