Monday, September 21, 2009

Objects of Beauty...and Speed






I thought I would surprise my husband with a blog post dedicated to him and his beloved Inline skates. He completed his last race of the season over the weekend in Duluth, Minnesota. It's a full 26 mile marathon along scenic lake Superior. His skates are pretty cool. And look at the difference in the wheel size on the bottom picture. He upgraded his skates this season from a boot that held 5 small wheels to one that holds 4 large wheels. His finishing time of 1 hour and 20 minutes didn't change much from last year. But he finished 100 out of around 2,600 skaters. (not including the pro's) Last year he finished at 120th. I've been cheering him on for 8 years in Duluth. And I've taken lots of blurry pictures. So now, when he climbs the final hill in a pace line of his peers, I just watch and enjoy. I'm sure there will be many more races in his future. After all, he's barely broken in his new beauties!





























Dean in 2003. Go Dean!

5 comments:

DJan said...

Wow! I never heard of these bigger inline skates. They are awesome, Sharon. Even if the pictures are blurry, it can give you something to work on, to capture him in full flight, as they say. Lucky for him he's got you...

SquirrelQueen said...

Awesome skates, and compared to the old ones those wheels are huge. And to finish 100 out of 2600 is great. I'm like DJan, even if the pics are blurry I would love to see him in action.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess the new skates really did the trick! Kudos to your Hubs for completing a race on skates! Some of us can't handle wheels under us in any capacity!

Nina Crittenden said...

Those are some wicked cool blades!

Tes said...

OH wow...such a sweet tribute to the hubby and his blade. Cool blades by the way!