Monday, August 19, 2019

Costa Rica: Once


I love how the branch appears to throw the sun like a radiated sun-ball. Yikes! No one would play the burning game. Except, maybe, Pele. But the Goddess of Volcanoes and fire lives in Hawaii. 

Today, the number eleven has finally arrived. Only Uno to go! Uno Costa Rica anyway. In 2020, we're returning to Belize after a long sabbatical. Too long. We love Belize: hidden caves and Mayan ruins, snorkeling along the cayes, hiking and drinking lots of One Barrel Rum. Marie Sharp's hot sauce and Tutti Frutti ice cream. Bird watching. Good stuff.

But, I haven't left Costa Rica yet...





Oink!


Ouch! 

Luckily, I saw this little-bugger in our bathroom before it was too late. Look at how he blends in with the tile! Now, I remember why I keep a flashlight by my bed in Central America. 







Playa Flamingo.

I can't imagine anywhere I'd rather be than a Costa Rican beach: long, flat, warm and wide. Wonderful. 



The Awesome Links:

















You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

21 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What lovely views of Costa Rica (except for the scorpion!) I can see why you want to go back for a visit, Sharon.

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for all the photographs :)

All the best Jan

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Really amazing photo Sol. I was taken aback by the scorpion. Well done! Have a grand week!

Handmade in Israel said...

Yikes! That little bugger in the bathroom is pretty scary!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos - even the one of the scorpion. I’m glad you’re having such a wonderful time.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Hmm, that looks like a great place to visit!! Except for the scorpions, but we have those in the states.

Photo Cache said...

I was in Costa Rica in 2011 and while there I knew I would visit it again. But 8 years later and I haven't returned.

Worth a Thousand Words

DJan said...

I looked at the pink pig and before I saw what you had written, I said "oink!" Love your pictures, as always. :-)

Lorrie said...

Beautiful views of Costa Rica!

Angie said...

Sharon - that bronze reflection of the sun on the water is amazing. Glad you saw that scorpion. I remember them well from our time in Arizona. We had the kids well trained to check their shoes before putting them on! I am envious of your trip to Belize - great diving and snorkeling and a very laid back vibe! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeous views!

Fun60 said...

What fabulous photos. Not keen on the scorpion. Good job you are so eagle eyed.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely views from Costa Rica. It was one of my favorite trips, I would love to go back! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

This must be the tangerine sky that the Beatles sang about! Absolutely gorgeous, especially with the silhouette of the branch in the foreground.

Sue (this n that) said...

Beautiful photos Sharon.
A stunning one of the sun... the beaches are and distant mountain ranges are wonderful too.
Oh that visitor to your bathroom - wow!
Fun food poster - brilliant :D)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

That bird looks like it had a tough flight to get to the beach. It does look happy though.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Costa Rica is a wonderful place to visit. I have been there three times, the most recent earlier this year, but the problem of garbage on their beaches is growing worse every time I visit unfortunately.

betty-NZ said...

What a wonderful part of the world! I don't know how big that scorpion is, but we had tiny one in GA that were fast as lightning!

Your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week sure made my day!


My Corner of the World

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful Costa Rica memories (well except for that one little drawback on the bathroom floor,)...but for all the rest of it I’d cheerfully put up with that, while remembering the flashlight!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

This post so makes me want to go for a visit! The beaches are especially enticing. Have a nice weekend.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Great shots!