Monday, September 18, 2017

Prisma!


Nature Photography / A butterfly at Quarry Hill Nature Center.

The daily - a new every day filter- called Athens.


 It is always a joy to visit Spare Parts and Pics to discover where he has focused his trusty camera lens on any particular day or week - his epic desert adventures never disappoint. So, when Mr. Pics alerted his viewers to the Prisma App, I checked it out and downloaded it. I love it! It's like painting without paint. You'll be a finger tip artist in no time. I thought it would be fun to randomly select photos I had on my phone and use a different filter for each one - in different photos categories....


Wildflowers / At Quarry Hill Nature Center.

Filter:  Roy



Skyscape / Sunset at Lover's Key.

Filter:  Surf


Landscape / Lake Pepin sailboats.

Filter:  Carribean


People / Festival queens on parade, lined up in a small town.

Filter:  Dreams


Birds / Baby cardinals in our back yard! 

Filter: Breakfast


Seascape / The Pier in Naples, Florida

Filter:  Candy


Cityscape / Dynamic downtown Panama City.

Filter:  The Scream



Food / Yummy Gracies cupcakes and tarts.

Filter:  Aviator


Still life / The iconic Bird Girl.

Filter:  Servers


Pets / A window cat in Savannah, Georgia.

Filter:  Fireworks


Bugs / Canoeing on the Red Cedar.

Filter:  Dallas


Animals / Our beloved foster child - an abandoned squirrel we cared for until he mysteriously disappeared. I blame crows! 

Filter:  Fireworks (I loved this one so much I had to use it twice!)

Try it. You'll like it. 


The Awesome Links:

14 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You had wayyyy too much fun. Between you and Peter, that app looks so fun, it is making me rethink trying harder to take pictures on my phone (which I almost never do).

Lady Fi said...

Cool shots.

DJan said...

Looks like a fun app, and you sure did show some great effects with it. I'll go check it out, why not? I love the skyscape picture. :-)

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Nice app for the pics. I love bird girl, I have her too and she stands on my hearth year round.

Judi Gray said...

Very creative! I haven't seen a whole collection of these type of photos together before, only individual ones. They look amazing - I especially love the Panama city one - its incredible.

NCSue said...

Interesting edits - nicely done!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/09/orchids-endless-variety.html

Ruth said...

Wow! That app works wonders. The pictures look like paintings. I think it adds a level of interest to the photo (you have to really look to see what is going on).

A Colorful World said...

Very cool shots using the filters!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wow, these are awesome Sharon and thanks for the shout-out! You've really got the hang of using the Prisma app! I think my favorites are the sunset and cityscape shots. Hope you post more!

Linda Hensley said...

I think I'll have to give up painting altogether. These look great.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love prisms. It is strange that there are such a wide variety of free or inexpensive filters for use on mobile devices compared to the power but hard to learn and expensive photoshop on our pc's. I wonder how that is going to resolve?

Angie said...

Wow - I am definitely going to have to try this since most of my pics I take with my phone!

betty-NZ said...

Sometimes, it's fun to do something radical with your photos. These are really great edits.

Pat Tillett said...

Well, haven't you been having some fun playing with your photos!
Really nice results, it's amazing what you can do these days.