Monday, May 22, 2017

Leu Gardens


If you don't like ants, don't go to Leu Gardens near Orlando, Florida. There's a whole ant trail of them. But no ant hills. Florida is too flat. Leu Gardens is located near Orlando, Florida. A nice floral diversion from the fakery of the theme parks.





Don't get webbed either.


















The historic Leu House and museum. 
Four Florida families lived here. Including the silent screen star Helen Garder. I absolutely love touring old mansions. Always have. Someday I'll get to tour Biltmore. The ultimate American mansion.



My favorite part of Leu Gardens was the giant spiders hovering over the trail. The only thing missing was an electromagnetic ray of lightening like in War of the Worlds

O.K. I guess there was a little fakery.

The Awesome Links:


16 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Fun! And what beautiful flora & fauna! And the mansion is glorious.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

What, that Spider is fake? Really though if you don't like bugs you probably shouldn't visit Florida folks. Which is what I'm guessing you're doing. That's a lovely lush park -- ants shouldn't bother anyone.

NCSue said...

The spider looks like a mammoth daddy long-legs. Rather cool!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-beautiful-city-of-jaffa.html

Jim said...

A bit scary to see something like that, so big.
Sydney – City and Suburbs

DUTA said...

As a matter of fact, I don't like ants,especially not at home but I like it that I have an instant solution . I pour a glass of water over them. I don't mind ants in the park, though.

I love old mansions too, preferably with all the originals - furniture, carpets, kitchenware, pictures, etc.. In Israel we don't have them as it ia a relatively young country, but I've seen some very interesting mansions abroad.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Lovely captures of the real wildlife in Leu Gardens, and the sculptures are fantastic,... lovely old house too! I'm sure you enjoyed your day out in such a beautiful location. Thanks for sharing.:)

Lady Fi said...

Wow - that is so cool! Love it.

Stewart M said...

I do like those ants - and the portrait of the heron is great.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

DJan said...

What an interesting place. And of course your amazing pictures pulled me right in. Now those are some BIG spiders. :-)

Photo Cache said...

I love whimsical gardens and scuptures.

Worth a Thousand Words

carol l mckenna said...

What a place and fun sculptures ~ neat photos ~ thanks,


Happy Week ahead to you

Rohrerbot said...

This really looks like a great place to bird and explore!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

My granddaughter would totally love this!!! Wish it wasn't so far away.

Pat Tillett said...

That "fakery" is whimsical, so it's fun and okay. Right?
Love your photos Sharon...

Budget Travel Talk said...

The giant spider over the walkway is fantastic. I like the whole concept actually. We have anthills in Australia where the land is flat. Must be different ants!

betty-NZ said...

Oh, my, what a fun place! I love the photos that you have shared, they made me smile.