I used to post recipes on my blog. Savory, sweet and breakfast treats. (See my savory label) But I sadly stopped posting them awhile ago. I also used to take a lot of restaurant photography. But after reading about how annoyed restaurants were becoming with this practice I stopped. Now I just document a few yummies from our travels. Food photography is just too darn hard. See above. Sad lighting, weird hind ends hovering over the Gose, and an errant spoon mucking up the presentation of dip. I'll leave it to the professionals on Pinterest. Sometimes you just want to dig in, not dig out the camera.
And as far as food goes our cheap tastes usually lead us to happy hours. My favorite happy hour motto is from the Leaning Tower of Pizza. "It's leaning hour at the happy tower!" Love it. The above happy hour spread is from one of our old haunts. Herkimer Brew Pub. All for around 20 bucks.
Now our favorite local treat is the ingenious combination of food trucks and taprooms. A glass of Luv Jus and a Midnord Empanada at Harriet Brewing anyone? Yes please.
5 random things I love about Happy Hour...
1) I feel like I'm surrounded by my peeps. This also happens when I see people using hot sauce.
2) The rail rum and coke tastes different everywhere you go. Surprise me Bartender.
3) Another round? Do you really need to ask?
4) Downtown there is the holy grail of cheap deals. At 2:00 p.m. you can get a $2.00 bottle of wine at Vics. VINO, VINO! (private joke)
5) Mini corn dogs at Herkimer!
P.S. Monday's theme is Far away. So stay close!