The talented and funny Nina Victor Crittenden surprised me with a Liebster awhile back. Thanks Nina! I still don't know what the heck a Liebster is, but it was super nice of Nina to honor me with one. So the scoop is to post 11 random facts about myself, answer the 11 questions that Nina asked me, then nominate 11 blogs for the honorable Liebster. Here goes...
Eleven Random Sharon Facts:
1) My middle name is Renee.
2) I wanted to name my first born Lindsay until I married a Wagner. (I didn't have kids anyway)
3) My first car was a Dodge Charger with a Harley Davidson sticker. (Used)
4) I don't know my blood type.
5) I used to be a flight attendant!
6) It has been 10 years and I still miss Fiesta Chicken Pasta at Sidney's. A doomed restaurant in the Twin Cities.
7) When I was in high school I wanted to be a fashion designer.
8) I have a drawer just for feathers.
9) I make a killer gin martini.
10) I drew one of my high school teachers with a pig face and my friends still remember it. For shame.
11) I wish I had someone to arm wrestle with.
Eleven Questions from Nina:
1) What did you want to be when you grew up?
A rich fashion designer. I used to draw beautiful women in dresses and every time company came over I made them look at my designs.
2) Who was your celebrity crush as a kid?
3) Favorite movie?
Jane Erye on tpt
4) Favorite book/author/illustrator?
(Current) Game of Thrones George R.R. Martin
5) Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
Yes, I stayed at an extremely haunted house in New Orleans once. But they left me alone as always. I think I have a guardian angel that scares them away.
6) What is your stupid human trick?
Shaking my leg annoyingly
Shaking my leg annoyingly
7) If you could go back in time and tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be?
Don't drink so much in college
8) Most embarrassing moment?
This one is kind of a sensitive subject. But I was face painting at the Mall of America and I had brought my camera to get a photo of me painting a kid. When I had a victim/child my co-worker took one of me and asked if I'd take one of her when her next subject arrived. So when a family came up to her side of the booth I waited until she had started painting and went over with my camera. I asked the mother if I could take a photo of her child and the face painter. She said no. It turns out (I couldn't see the other side of the booth) that it was conjoined twins. I'm sure the mother thought I was being one of "those" people that I'm sure she had run into a thousand times. Ugh. But it was just a coincidence.
9) What’s the one thing you’d most like to be remembered for when you’re gone (you know, dead…sorry, kind of morbid, but it’s a deep thought kind of question).
I would want some of my art to have staying power. I better get busy!
10) Do you talk to yourself (out loud, when no one else is around)?
Yes, I have a swearing go to phrase that I spew all the time. But the cats are involved every single time.
11) What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
A Salted Caramel Brownie from "Bogart Loves". But I don't feel guilty.
Now I'd like to nominate these talented art bloggers with Liebsters of their very own:
P.S. I'm not going to give these blogs a shout out about it. People are either over joyed or overly annoyed at awards. So surprise, you got one!