Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Beer Butt Chicken!


I apologize in advance to my vegetarian blog followers.  But I love beer butt chicken.  It not only tastes great but my husband always does all the work.  We always do two at a time so we have extra chicken we can shred and freeze. And then there is broth to make with those bones.  Nothing makes a house smell better.  Here the hubbs is rubbing the chicken with butter.  Here's what I made.  But you can spread on any amount of herbs, seasonings and butter that you desire.

2 tbsp salted butter, softened
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt



The butt of the chicken sits on the can (not shown)  But it is there.  You need to drink about a 1/4 of the beer.  And it doesn't even need to be beer.  I used coke last time. 


Dean put foil under the chickens to catch the grease.  But you could use a foil pan.  Use lots of coals and then cover those babies up.


They are done!  It takes about an hour.  These were smart chickens.  I don't know how many pounds they are but most smart chickens are about the same size.

 Let's eat.  I get the crispy wing!

2 comments:

DJan said...

well, even this vegetarian would join you in some beer butt chicken! Hugs to you, Sharon. Good pictures, too!!

Don Urness said...

Beer butt is one of my favs. I do my turkey on the grill as well.