Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Coffee Cream


This is a simple and delicious breakfast.  Here I'm making my whipped cream.  Take a small carton of whipping cream and beat until the desired consistency.  Don't over mix or you'll get butter!  Then fold in a few tablespoons of powdered sugar to taste.  Then add the magic ingredient.  1/2 -1 tsp of finely ground coffee.


 Sorry about my pancake blobs.  No perfectly circular cakes at my house.  But hey.  They still taste good! Editors note:  The pancake in the back is my pancake. I put twice as many chips in mine and push them down into the batter.  The ones in front are my husbands.  He prefers less chips.  Weirdo!Here's the pancake batter recipe:

1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 beaten egg
2 tblsp oil
1 cup flour
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add the wet ingredients and mix.  But don't over mix pancake batter.  I like to keep the premixed dry ingredients on hand.  So I will quadruple the recipe, mix and store in a container.  Then when I make pancakes, I just measure a heaping cup of dry ingredients and I'm ready to add the wet. And if you want to make them healthier, substitute (some) flour for whole wheat flour.  I also throw in a tblsp per batch of ground flax seed.  That's just how I roll. Now pour the batter on your skillet and add the chips.  I use bitter sweet Callebaut chocolate chips from the store Kitchen Window.  Because once you add some syrup you don't want them to taste too sweet. Now cook, flip, cook and enjoy.

  And don't forget about last week's giveaway.  If you are a teacher and leave a comment, I'll add you to my pool for a Penzey's gift box! 

4 comments:

DJan said...

How do you stay so slim, Sharon? If I ate that breakfast, I don't think my pants would button! :-)

Looks yummy, though.

Pat Tillett said...

YUM! I am ready for a couple of them in lieu of my dinner!

Dog Fence said...

I'm craving for this delicious food! Yummy!


------------------------
It's all About Pet Fences

Tweedles -- that's me said...

ohhhhh,, YUM! they sound sooo good!
love
tweedles