Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hawk Ridge. Part of the magical mushroom tour.









This Kestrel was captured as she passed through Duluth's, "Highway in the Sky" Each year 100,000 raptors are spotted from Hawk Ridge. Lake Superior creates the perfect flyway. It forces migrants reluctant to fly across large bodies of water to head Southwest along the scenic North Shore. The last photo was taken just before the bird was released to finish her journey South. http://www.hawkridge.org/



After watching the hawks (and the beautiful view of lake Superior) we started our own journey. 2010's magical mushroom tour. Check it out.






























6 comments:

Martha said...

Gorgeous photos Sharon and thank you for the cute and very fitting comment regarding the Color Carnival :-)

Maria's Space said...

Great shots of the beautiful earth surrounding us. Love nature pics.

DJan said...

I went on a hawk expedition once where a red-tailed hawk was captured, banded and released. I got to hold her and feel her beating heart.

Some of those mushrooms look well nibbled, and others look poisonous and haven't been touched! Great shots, Sharon. Your Magical Mushroom Tour was a real success!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I looked so foward to the magical mushroom tour! It was awsome!!!
I remember the first time I visited your bloggie a year ago,, and there were magical mushrooms that encaptivated me, and I never forgot.
That is one beautiful birdie
love
tweedles

roberta baird said...

Beautiful photos!

SquirrelQueen said...

This year's magical mushroom tour looks like a great success. You captured some beautiful specimens, I really like that first red one.

Great shots of the Kestrel, she is a beauty.