Sunday, August 9, 2009

Red Wings Over Red Wing




I just finished this illustration for a CBIG (http://www.childrens-illustrators.com/ ) gallery show that will be held at the end of September. There is no theme, but the show will be held in the town of Red Wing. I was having lunch with some CBIG pals when inspiration hit. And I just went with my first and only idea. Red Wing is a cute little Mississippi river town. Although my favorite towns are located across the river. The picturesque and artsy Maiden Rock and Stockholm WI. Hopefully they don't kick me out of the Red Wing show for that comment! I usually don't talk alot about the art that I post. But I will say that this was one of the more difficult drawings I've done. And that's because I didn't have any imagery with the perspectives I needed. But it was fun too. I even added a lake creature in honor of our Lake Harriet Milly(for milfoil) You can check her out at http://www.lakecreature.com/








9 comments:

barb bjornson said...

Wow! Sharon your painting is amazing. You give us so much to look at from the eagle to the little water creature and the barges. The perspective is great. RedWing should use this as PR for their town. Your characters are wonderful!

Shawn McCann said...

This is great Sharon. Can't wait to see it in person!

Nina Crittenden said...

I love this! Esp. how the lake monster is looking up in a sly way! Great work, as usual!

Al said...

Yeah I was gonna ask about the lake monster, I noticed it in the first photo..oh it really is a lake creature. Go Sharon!
AL

DJan said...

I love the girl riding the red wing! How absolutely thrilling to see the big smile on her face and relate to her joy! I think it's great!

Historical sites with charmine said...

How creative of you to come up with this,i love it ,lovely colors!That looks like one happy rider.Have fun.

Sharon, this week I'm hosting the photo challenge on my travel blog.The theme is "A VIEW FROM ABOVE" ,chk out my travel blog(sidebar) for more info.Date -16TH August.thanks.

Historical sites with charmine said...

Sharon,i checked out the blackberries on your header earlier,thanks .I love your new header too.

Historical sites with charmine said...

Sharon,i checked out the blackberries on your header earlier,thanks .I love your new header too.

Lauralee said...

These are really good. :)