Thursday, May 7, 2009

Waffle House Dog

This photo is one of my all time favorites. Mostly because of the backstory. Whenever I'm in Florida I always have breakfast at the Waffle House. Several times in fact. I order my hashbrowns smothered and covered. But not capped, no mushrooms for me. And of course I love the waffles. The patrons are more local than tourist. And the staff can be funny characters. Usually throwing a few jabs at each other. And at the usual suspects that show up at the counter. On this particular day the bulldog patiently waits for his master to come out of the Waffle House. And with a doggie bag in tow they will most likely head out for a day of work. Meanwhile...a tourist snaps this picture and heads to the beach!

3 comments:

Margaret Pangert said...

He looks like he got his fair share from the doggie bag! I love the local beach breakfast hangouts, too (Jersey shore). Can't wait 'til summer!

Anonymous said...

I do not have pleasant memories of Florida Waffle Houses. **Shudder** I'm glad that dog had a more pleasant experience.

Nina Crittenden said...

Now I am hungry for a waffle!