Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Backyard Jungle

This is my Reflections entry. See the post below this one for further details and photos. This painting is a scan from a color copy. Whew...complicated! Plus the original scan had a hard time with the metallic paints I used. So I guess my point is the quality is a little removed from my original. The poem that was the basis of the illustration told the story of a boy dreaming and having far flung adventures. All from the safety of his own backyard.



2 comments:

Margaret Pangert said...

The colors express so much here. Interesting how you've used colors to tell a different story.
Thanks for visiting my blog and silkie story--now there's one for you! Best, Margaret

Nina Crittenden said...

Your painting is beautiful, and even more so in person. I love the metallic paints!