Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bits and pieces

These are pieces of a humble painting I did about 3 years ago. The images fit together as follows...The goofy bird is hovering over the birdhouse and low and behold it's locked! The key which is cut into the matt board is in the lower right hand corner. Apparently out of reach of the poor bird. This painting is typical of the sort of work I sold at Art fairs. (In the good old days) I would do a little painting and just for fun paint an extra character on the matt framing the piece. Or as with the key actually cut the matt around the extra art. The reason I'm posting these goofy bits and pieces today is the lock. The lock on the birdhouse is that weathered lock I posted on Monday.














3 comments:

Nina Crittenden said...

I love these- and it is cool to see that fabulous lock again!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see how that lock made it into one of your paintings!

Amy Vasterling said...

Very personal and special Sharon! I love the lock. My mom loves locks and has some from all over the world displayed in her home. A lock is a strong metaphor in art, nice touch with these beautiful and unique styles of locks! It makes you feel for the birds.