Sunday, November 8, 2020

Flovember: Tropical Storm Edition


Day 4

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” –Rabindranath Tagore


Day 5


Day 6


Day 7

Two, 130 pound, nine month old female great danes. Uff da.


Day 8
Day 9

Found objects.

“The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides, and in its depths it has its pearls too.” –Vincent Van Gogh

My first week was filled with sand, sun, feathers and fins. The culinary highlights were: Grace and Shelly's cupcakes, Cracker Barrel pancakes, meatloaf melts at Truly Scrumptious and my go-to chicken tortilla soup at Tommy Bahamas. But nothing beats a fresh squeezed grapefruit vodka drink on my balcony. I like to toast sunset with it. 

 However, my quotes hint at impending doom. That's because a storm is brewing. The election is over and Biden won! So I'm not talking about political fire-storms. Tomorrow, Tropical Storm Eta will be showering Lover's Key with rain, wind and unholy unknowns. I'm posting early this week, due to internet issues. So next week I'll show you how Monday unfolds. Maybe, instead of eating Jerk Mahi Mahi at The Fish House, I'll be watching fish fly.

  The Awesome Links:









 



 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

25 comments:

Lydia C. Lee said...

Goodness, with all the election barrage, I missed this. Off to google. Stay safe!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Beautiful photos Sharon and I hope the next storm will not be as bad as predicted and you stay very safe.

DJan said...

I too hope Eta doesn't decimate that gorgeous place. And I am glad for the election results but hope the Orange One will come to his senses soon and concede. :-)

Dawn said...

My Big Sis is in North Fort Myers.
Love the shell and the shadow photo.
Praying you are safe from Eta.
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

Rain said...

I love your Day 5 shadow shot! And those Great Danes are beautiful! :)

Handmade in Israel said...

Lovely photos! Stay safe from the storms.

EricaSta said...

Love the quote of Tagore. Hope you stay well during the stormy wheather!
Have a good time.

Happy MosaicMonday

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your photos too and hope and pray the storm fizzles out! We are getting light rain this morning. Take care and stay safe!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Thinking about you as we keep a close eye on ETA even though we’re far away from our Florida Canal Cottage this season.

Trekking with Becky said...

Nice captures, especially of the seashell and the bird. :)

Jill Harrison said...

We thought it was spring here, but the last 2 days we have been back into winter. It is bashing my garden around. Stay safe and have a good week

Angie said...

Sharon - so much to comment on here. First, your shot of the Great Danes is amazing. The color, the composition, the American flag flying straight out. Second, the freshly squeezed grapefruit with vodka - sounds lip-smacking good! Third - hope you are safe in the face of Eta. What dedication to post in anticipation of the impending storm!!! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

Fun60 said...

Hope you stay safe during this next storm. A great collection of photos.

Susie of Arabia said...

Quite an array of nice photos. Btw, I have a good friend who has painted hundreds of rocks this year.

Yvonne said...

Love the two dogs photo. A freshly squeezed grapefruit vodka sounds tempting, but I used to be partial to vodka gimlets whirled in a blender with lime juice. Hopefully you won't be watching fish flying into your room.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Stay safe and hopefully you will have no damage in the next storm!

Meditations in Motion said...

Sounds like a good week so far! Stay safe!!! Love the osprey photo.

Pauline said...

Love the Day 8 sunset. Stay safe in the storm.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful scenes and photos. I like the painted rocks. I hope you will be safe from the storm Eta! Take care! Have a happy day!

R's Rue said...

Stay safe.

theartofpuro said...

So beautiful :)

betty-NZ said...

So many awesome images!

Thanks for sharing your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

Peabea Scribbles said...

What pretty pups. They paint rocks around here, but I've never found one yet. So cool that people do that...I should give it a try..maybe will. Beautiful photos. Stay well with the storms brewing. I'll most likely see on the news how everyone fairs. Thanks for visiting.

Tanza Erlambang said...

I collected that kind of snail when I was kid...interesting.

Have a great day

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful photos. I love that sunset capture and a very creative shadow shot!